Monday, January 27, 2014

Half Marathon



I am headed into Week 2 of my half marathon training; I'm feeling pretty good. Tonight I managed 4 miles in 45 minutes which isn't my best time, but I was not winded and was able to maintain a heart rate of 151. I was pretty impressed with myself.

Upon getting a better pace, my sleep habits have been better. No real insomnia at night and it's a much better sleep. I have started my vitamin D supplements again. I read an article that said lack of vitamin D could lead to insomnia. I had no clue they were linked. 

Anyways, I'm impressed with my ambition I was sure it wouldn't last to the second week. If I last 4 weeks, I have promised myself a new watch. The Garmin Forerunner 220. It's a dream :-)

The half marathon I have my eye on is set for April 6th. I think if I can stick to it I will reach my goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment