Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Color Mania

Ashley Poland and I before all the festivities!


Color Mania - A 5K run, which involves being painted as a runner goes along the course.

So, a 5K run on a course is what I expected this morning. However, when I arrived at the run this morning I quickly realize it was going to be more of an obstacle.


Motor Cross Track


That ladies and gentlemen is a motor cross course. Definitely was not intended for running.

I am super impressed with myself. I ran this course in 31 minutes and 45 seconds for a new record time! I am starting to believe all the sweat in the gym is paying off.

After completing this today, I realized I can make changes in my body and push myself to achieve other accomplishments. With that said, I am tasking myself to complete a 10K in the next 6 months and a full marathon is a year. I am not going to quit 5K runs because they help build my confidence. 

I know I am not in fantastic shape by any stretch of the imagination. I also know I have a lot of work ahead of me. But, I am still proud of my self. To top it all off I burnt 400 calories this morning. Hooray!!!

Now to keep pressing on with these goals. 

Until next time....
Finished - 31 minutes! Very sweaty and colorful
After, I finished at the finish line!


Ashley and I after the run together!

We both finished!!! Yay ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment