Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Keep Calm and Run On

Tonight, I began searching for my next run. I wanted to make sure I was registered to run one each month. I was hoping this will help me continue to have motivation and also reach for new goals. I am hoping to reach for a half-marathon in 6 months and a marathon in a year.

I am not feeling defeated about my goals, but more by current race times. Although I know I cannot possibly compare myself to these other runners, my personal best time is probably not even on their list of times for a run - not even a slow and easy run!! I was looking at the ConocoPhillips run and people finished a 5K in 15 min and another in 17 min! Isn't that crazy? I am finishing in 29 minutes roughly! I have some major work to be doing. I need to cut my time by at least 8 minutes. I don't expect to win, but at least this way I could have some hope. 

Although I feel defeated, I'm going to continue to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment